Outings and Walking trails
- The area called Alikes (Salt works) of Lefkimmi is situated to the north of Lefkimmi village, at a distance of only 11 km from our hotel. The area ows its name to its past, as it used to be a sea salt production site. Nowadays, it is a beach 2,5 km long, characterized by a wonderful natural landscape, emerald water and rich fauna. Alikes of Lefkimmi is part of the Natura 2000 network, due to the big environmental importance of the habitat, as well as the rare protected birds species (over 180), which live on the beach and the salt works.
- Korission Lake is situated in the south-western part of Corfu, near Argyrades village. Its surface comes up to 600 ha, comprising Korission Lagoon and the sandy beaches surrounding it. A breath-taking view spreads before your eyes, with the lagoon and the dunes leading to a unique forest of rare juniper, one can come across only in this part of the Mediterranean and this alone. Korission Lagoon is also a protected area, part of the Natura network, because of the great importance of its ecosystem and, in particular, its flaura and fauna.
- Our hotel’s guests have the priviledge of getting to know easily and fast two more islands, which are two of the smallest in the Ionian Sea, but its indisputably brightest jewels. Paxos Island is situated 7 miles south of Corfu. Its main town is picturesque Gaios, with its traditional architecture and beautiful port. Boat journeys can be arranged at our hotel (provided by a third-party partner at extra charge).
- A walk in Corfu Town is an unforgettable experience. Its picturesque cobbled streets, the Venetian style of its architecture and the French influence, as well as elements of all the cultures that passed from the island can be seen all over the old town and unravel uniquely the rich history of Corfu. The ancient Greek temples and monuments, along with the town’s Byzantine elements, make up its multi-dimensional character.
- Car rental for tours of the island (service at extra charge, payable at the hotel)